Thursday, July 21, 2011

If I had the stamina...

...I'd go see Thurston Moore tonight at the Rickshaw, and try to use whatever semi-insider mojo I could muster to get a copy of the Tunnel Canary documentary to Thurston, and let him know that they would really like to do another show, if he was interested in helping set something up... The day may well come when I regret missing this show, since it looks like Thurston's doing some kinda appealing Beck-produced introspective stuff, "co-headlining" with Kurt Vile. It's not REALLY what I'm in the mood for lately - I'm listening to Deicide, at the moment, you know? - but it beats the hell out of that last Sonic Youth album, The Eternal, which seemed (to me) highly forced and uninspired...

...but regardless, the energy just isn't there...

No comments: