Saturday, July 23, 2011

And in Norway...

A Christian right wing fundamentalist sets off a bomb and goes on a shooting rampage, killing kids in Norway... and every news article about the guy (apparently one Anders Behring Breivik, though some media sources seem to be still avoiding using his name until the police release it) makes sure to note that he is not a fundamentalist Muslim. I'm not sure if it's laughable or offensive - maybe a bit of both. (By the way, he's not a black metal musician, either). And such horrible images from Norway on the TV... My only associations with Norway are some very extreme and interesting music (I was recently blown away to discover that Enslaved and Fe-mail did an album together, as Trinacria, which I definitely need); I know almost nothing else about the place, but I'm horrified by this news...

No comments: