Monday, April 16, 2012

Delightfully obscure Cronenberg t-shirt


I've laboured long these last few days to produce a paper revisiting, and attempting to answer, the objections critic Robin Wood had to the early commercial features of David Cronenberg. Somehow not only did I lose sleep, strain my eyes, and plunge so deep into my text that I can no longer fairly evaluate it - so I feel like I'm handing in a Big Pile of Shit - but I managed to give myself a persistent low-level charley horse in my left calf, by means in no way clear to me. I also missed the Bresson screenings this evening (fuck!). The good news (besides the fact that I am now at least done all my essays): I found a t-shirt online (pictured) that references Cronenberg's first underground feature, Stereo (viewable online here; it is a film that has always fascinated me, but which I have by choice only seen twice). The seller on eBay who has it is known as Oldskoolhooligans and their store can be found here.

It will be interesting to see what reactions I get walking around in this t-shirt in public. I suspect it will be frequently misunderstood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. So, where can this paper be read?

Anonymous said...

Thanks. So, where can this paper be read?

Allan MacInnis said...

Nowhere just yet! But check back in every now and then and I'll let you know - there *are* plans to do something with it.