Monday, March 09, 2015

RIP Toss Serious

It's nothing but a coincidence, but it still has an unsettling effect to learn that Todd Serious, singer for The Rebel Spell - easily my favourite current punk band, maybe barring a couple of old timers - died on my birthday, March 7th, while rock climbing in Nevada. My girlfriend and I would have been watching TV (maybe curling) or maybe a movie, visiting my Mom in Maple Ridge, when he fell. I wrote an obit for him here. I didn't really count him as a friend, but he was one of my favourite people to interview, and I have lots and lots of unused material from talking with him, so I might do something else, as time permits, with some of that material. RIP Todd Serious - you will be missed.

1 comment:

Allan MacInnis said...

A Williams Lake newspaper has posted a thoughtful obit of Todd - http://www.wltribune.com/news/295790821.html