Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hard Core Logo live: the aftermath

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the Straight lately, but it turns out that Alex Varty wrote a rather scathing review of Hard Core Logo Live, which attracted quite a few comments and served as the starting point for an angry debate about gentrification in the DTES. Good to see that people are passionate about these matters, since my own views on the play, below (that it seems best read as a fan gesture, fun but gratuitous) amount to an agreeable shrug... still: I wonder what Mr. Varty expected from the experience?

(For a recent negative review of my own, having shelled out good money for Destroy All Movies!!! - an attempt to catalogue and write about every movie that has a punk in it - I felt compelled to add a bit of a caveat on the Amazon review page).

No comments: