Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My biggest indulgence

My biggest indulgence (next to a certain girl I travel many miles to see each month) is Lush Waylander Rhassoul soap, which was formerly known, when it was stocked in stores, as Middle Earth Turns To Mud (a name I suspect the Tolkien estate objected to; note that I've also seen it given as "Middle Earth Turns to Rock," though that might be a different product). Though with tax and shipping it costs around $10 a bar, and can now only be bought online, I love its muddy texture - it is actually made with mud! - and am very fond of the patchouli scent, which people I meet may detect wafting hippie-like from me over the next weeks, since I finally broke down and re-upped my supply. (My last order was in 2009, and kept me going for a few years). I just took a luxurious bath, and am pleased that I finally smell like myself again. The best soap I've encountered anywhere. Wish I could actually afford it, this was a bit of a daft purchase...

4 comments:

Erika said...

That girl you travel many miles to see likes it on you, too!! ;) xo
Glad you've indulged!

Anonymous said...

So does that guy from the bookstore.xoxo

Allan MacInnis said...

Thanks, Erika... and, uh, thanks, guy from the bookstore...

Allan MacInnis said...

Are we talking about the bookstore I WORK at, by the way?