Monday, July 24, 2006

Next Month's Discorder, plus watch this space

Next month I'll have three pieces in Discorder, a brief Nomeansno interview, a meaty Efrim (GY!BE/A Silver Mount Zion) Menuck and Carla Bozulich interview, and my usual film column, this time on Japanese cult/action filmmaker, Kinji Fukasaku (Battle Royale, Battles without Honor and Humanity - and note that I will be playing Battle Royale at Blim on August 18th). It's the single most writing I've had in one paper. Also working on other stuff on the Nomeansno front, but nothing is official as of yet. (All Roads Lead to Ausfahrt is the most musically tight, commercially viable, and all-round satisfying Nomeansno disc since Wrong, though the band are starting to get well-adjusted enough that they're losing a bit of their precious negativity -- it's truly bizarre how much they seem to be enjoying themselves on this disc. Anyhow, I figger if I can promote it in enough places I might get credit for some of it's success, and then the band will feel like they owe me one and give me special perks at gigs and rare memorabilia. Right?)

Upcoming here, there will be lengthy outtakes from the Efrim/Carla interviews, prior to their August 16th show at Richards on Richards. If that doesn't turn out to be the show of the summer, I will be amazed. Tickets are a mere $14 at the usual venues -- check out either Carla Bozulich's Evangelista or The Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-La-La Band with Choir's Horses in the Sky to be quickly convinced that you need to attend.

And like I say, grab the August Discorder for some fine writing by yours truly.

No comments: