Joe was soliciting campaign contributions and I had no money for him but offered to do another article, and so I did!
I am saddened to learn (from my article with Clay, but now reaffirmed by other peeps) that the Cobalt remains controversial as a venue among old Cobes loyalists; I thought the karma was cleansed? But I'm probably going back for Invasives this Friday, and am working on something about that show. Will investigate. I wish there were a way to heal some of these old wounds -- the new space is superb.
Gonna check out the Metal Cruise this weekend, too -- Space Queen, Egregore, and Mvlgrave. Feature pending.
Sunday there's a Rob Frith thing (I have lotsa writing to do today! Feature coming on that as well) at Neptoon if you are following the History of Vancouver Rock 'n Roll series. There's a 5th volume! Side one is a bit light/ commercial but other side has the Hydroelectric Streetcar, unheard Collectors, and other cool (but more obscure) stuff. Volume 5 doesn't appear to be online but Volume 4 is!
Also, I won't be doin' it myself, but didja realize that Guns 'n Roses now also includes Slash and Duff, back in the band? That actually makes it kinda interesting. They're playing Vancouver at the end of August. I would go just to see Duff!
Actually, Duff comes up in that D.O.A/ Joe thing previously linked. His tracks on that D.O.A. tribute are the best ones, kinda! Especially "The Prisoner."
Have a good weekend, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment