Monday, September 09, 2024

Should I do a 20th anniversary show?

If I can still find a room, should I do a 20th anniversary show for Alienated in Vancouver?

It's 20 years this October, ad-free (I've occasionally put up gig posters and such to plug a show, and OCCASIONALLY gotten comps as a result of my writing... but I've never been paid to run an ad or written a piece here BECAUSE of an ad). 

I'm also thinking I'd be better off quitting -- too many pains in the ass, not enough recompense -- but also thinking of marking the anniversary, one way or the other. Even if I quit, I'd at least be going out with a bang (a small one, mind you, appropriate to the Alienated mandate). 

Maybe I shouldn't bother...

1 comment:

monsterdog said...

just do it...the show...i'm curious to see the bands you would pick...i would suggest eugene chadbourne peter stampfel & brother jt..but i realize you would have to win the lottery to please me...don't do it...quit blogging...unless you really hate writing & spouting opinions & meeting artists and free gig passes...i spout opinions and try to be king facetious online...i like cheering and ranting my likes and dislikes...i like to make people laugh...and groan... and trying to find a meter and a rhyme...i don't care if nobody cares...i'm happy if i get 3 likes...i hate crowds...i do it for fun...i make art and nobody notices or cares...but i can't stop...masterbation is underrated...less drama and rejection when you play with yourself...if your a shy exhibitionist like me...