Monday, September 02, 2024

Attention Dead Bob Fans! Rong and Invasives share a bill with Night Court!

Okay, so the Dead Bob show at the Commodore was too brief and therefore not as satisfying as the full-meal-deal at the Pearl a few months ago, but I hope some of you got a sense of how magnificent a unit this band is. This is, of course, the new project of John Wright of Nomeansno and the Hanson Brothers, a supergroup of sorts, surprisingly cohesive, made up of Wright, Ford Pier, Colin MacRae of Pigment Vehicle, Kristy-Lee Audette of Rong and Byron Slack of Invasives. TWO of those bands, Invasives and Rong, will be playing Green Auto, with one of my other favourite local small-p punk bands, Night Court, this Thursday

I have nothing much to say at present -- swamped with other stuff, but if you want a great show to go to on Thursday, you can't beat this. If you haven't checked out Invasives or Rong before, there's a lot of catching up to do, but both are great bands. I wonder if Emilor (also of Pet Blessings, and formerly a member of Rong herself) is still doing double-duty with Rong and Night Court? 

There's lots I could be linking here -- interviews I've done, Youtube clips, etc. -- but heck, you know how to look things up. Trust me: going to be a great night. I have no idea who Pit Props are, so I might look them up myself... or I might just go and be surprised. 

See you there?

No comments: