Thursday, September 10, 2026

Doug Andrew, Tony Walker, Graham Brown and more this weekend...


Tony by me!


Okay, so it's a bit arbitrary to pick this Friday to write a story about Vancouver music scene veterans playing at LanaLou's, I do admit. Like, which nights DON'T have Vancouver music scene veterans playing there? But ya figure that the point of a piece like the one I just did for the Straight is to turn people on to the show that aren't already in the know, right? Who haven't seen Doug, Tony, or Graham before, don't know who they are or why they matter. 

So that's the angle -- a soft introduction to people who, if you've been paying attention to the local scene, don't really need it. But not everyone does that! 


The Circus in Flames by Gord McCaw


I have not, as I acknowledge, done justice to Graham Brown, there or elsewhere, and someday I will, but not today; hell, not only do I not have any past pics I can run of him, I can't even find a photo I can download on his website. (I woulda done this one but you right click and downloading isn't an option!). 

I'll have a bit more to come on the Straight website this week, about Stick Men on Sunday at the Rickshaw and the Butthole Surfers documentary on Monday. If anyone isn't aware, if you find an article that I've written there and click my name, you'll get a whole list of what I've been doing. It's been a busy year! I do plan to slow down again, but I also really wanted to do this piece, so... there it is. Seeya at LanaLou's!


No comments: