Monday, August 04, 2008

Pointless Dreams of Cat Power

I am not a Cat Power fan. I don't dislike her - Chan Marshall, that is; I actually briefly owned one of her albums, and had respect for it, if no particular interest in what she was doing. She has not entered my mind for months. For reasons unclear to me, I dreamed last night that she died of overwork in China the other day - or maybe it was Japan - where she had been labouring for 20 days straight to establish an audience. The dream included TV footage of commentators describing her efforts, showing her performing to crowds, and a couple of huge promotional posters of her, dressed as some sort of Asian warrior-woman, and brandishing a sword. "That's an odd image for her to use," I thought. "But I guess it's kind of appealing..."

No comments: