Tuesday, November 18, 2014

They Live video is closing down and selling off its stock

I really liked They Live, though it's nowhere convenient to me, so I never rented anything from them. I've bought the odd video there from time to time and I have occasionally perused their shelves as an impassive observer and been impressed by their stock. I know people who frequent it as renters and they're all really bummed to hear it's closing down, with good reason: they were a good video store, and their community deserved one.

So pardon me if this sounds insensitive, but: the close out sale is now going on and there's LOTS of decent cinema still on their shelves, for those of you who are still into owning DVDs. Most of the Blu's are already snapped up (a couple by me) and I alerted a few serious videophile friends today, so things won't last for long, folks. If you're interested in movies, I'd get down there now (next to Red Cat, more or less). I will be heading back on Friday so I would advise y'all to act soon...

No comments: