Saturday, February 02, 2013

To hell with this! Plus Die Nibelungen

Day 8 on the Atkins diet and I wake up totally joyless about the prospect of eating eggs yet again. Mom asks me, when I check in with her, what's going to be for dinner and I can't answer: that lousy curry I made the other day, or yet another serving of chicken in salad? Hm. I'm getting very impatient with my limited food choices, here: I want fruit, beans, carrots, juice... pizza... This may be my last day on this diet!

By the way, those with more fortitude than I might want to check out Die Nibelungen at the Vancity Theatre this Sunday - Fritz Lang's five hour long, silent adaptation of the folktale, not the opera. I just don't think I'm up for it - and especially not if I'm still struggling with food issues (I have yet to really work out how I'm going to eat at restaurants and keep to this, unless I eat chicken caesars everywhere I go...).

2 comments:

David M. said...

I liked you better when you were fatter/When you were pudgy, ate too much fudgy/Now you are skinny, you just eat wheatgrass/You have a mini- and incomplete ass/I liked you better when you were fatter/Go eat some pork chops, you little porker/And laugh at cartoons from the New Yorker/Because I couldn't like you better anyway. I liked you better when you were fatter/You had a tummy no "T" could cover/Go eat some ice cream and peanut butter/And put some weight on - you scare your mother/I liked you better when you were fatter/When you were busty and kinda hippy/Your massive weight loss has been a great loss/Because I couldn't like you better anyway.

Allan MacInnis said...

David - rest assured, there will still be plenty of me to go around.

Thank you, though!