Saturday, February 23, 2013

Misc. news: John Dies At The End to return to the Rio...? Plus Bison BC, Kurt Cobain, and Nightbreed: The Cabal Cut

Apparently Steve Newton of the Straight has tweeted that John Dies At The End will return to the Rio Theatre on March 28th, in a double bill with Bubba Ho-Tep! I can find no confirmation of this but am presuming it is so and am thus going to get all excited, starting real soon. This screening I shall not miss.

Meantime, Bison BC were dropped by Metal Blade, which I read about on Facebook, told a couple people about, and which subsequently found its way onto the Straight blog (I make no claim to being a "resident" at the Straight, for the record; I'm a squatter at best). I liked Lovelessness a LOT, and interviewed them about it here... I am not entirely surprised, given some of the things that got said during the interview (but which were not represented in print), to hear that the label dropped them, but it's still disappointing news; they're a great band.

Also Straightwise, I think Billy Corgan's furniture commercial is kind of cute, but I definitely can see Mike Usinger's point about it (and about Kurt Cobain) here (you can also see the commercial at that link).

Finally, there has been a rumour started on Facebook that there will be a DVD/ Blu-Ray release of Nightbreed: The Cabal Cut in October. To my knowledge it has not been confirmed. I'm also excited/ hopeful about this but a bit skeptical...

That's all for now...

2 comments:

Corrine said...

Re: Bubba Ho Tep/John Dies At the End double bill, the Rio official twitter tweeted it and it's prob on their Facebook schedule by now. Seems to be a go! I sadly will have to miss it :( dang work!!

Allan MacInnis said...

Yep, I found it on the Rio "tickets" page the next day. Got my tickets! Should be fun.