Thursday, August 28, 2008

Old Time Relijun are coming

Old Time Relijun are from western Washington State, and have an appealingly weird aesthetic that draws what singer Arington de Dionysio says are somewhat obvious and overly used (but still very useful) comparisons to Captain Beefheart and Pere Ubu. Tho' he did a 1067 gig not too long ago, apparently it's been five years since his band has played Vancouver in full form; they're scheduled to appear at the Biltmore Cabaret September 11th, alongside Shearing Pinx. My mind is a bit foggy at the moment (drinkin' last night), so I ain't got more to say, but - I like the Old Time Relijun CDs that I have, and Arington has performed with Haino Keiji, which makes him All Right By Me.

And now I must catch a short nap before the Beck show...

No comments: