Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Silly distraction: My9Albums X 5 or... uh, 6... 7... 8... now at 72.

This website allows you to generate a list of 9 albums, with thumbnails, so you can post your favourite albums on social media. I'm now up to 45. Interestingly, they recognized the Spores' Schizofungi! (but had no cover art for it, nor a way I could upload it); but Red Herring's Taste Tests couldn't even be selected.



Some of those I barely listen to, but they have historical importance. Some, like the Moe Tucker, I picked because cover art was available, as compared to others by the same artist I think I like more (I Spent a Week There the Other Night, in the case of Moe). And maybe some of them only seemed great to me because of limitations on what I had experienced at the time I discovered them, and might not seem that cool if I went back now, but I loved them once, they were important to me, and they still have hooks in me. 

There are a few omissions that I can't help; like, I can't pick between Velvet Underground albums, though I guess their first belongs on there. And shit, what about Big Star's Third? And there are a bunch of those albums that I have gotten less mileage from than Goddo's double live album. Am I sheepish about sticking in Goddo? Lighve: Best Seat in the House, with the jeans-clad girl's butt on the cover. Boy I loved that record when I was 14 (and I still do have it today). And what about the Crucifucks!? I could almost do another based on the Crucifucks first album. 

But I won't, unless I wake up with five other records in the forefront of my brain and feel compelled to do another one of these. It might happen? 

Shit:


One note on the one below: I do love "Justine" off Ja-Jazz, but I was looking for Spot the Difference, which isn't an available option. 




No comments: