Monday, May 04, 2009

Blogging Hiatus: Al Needs Downtime

Photo by Dan Kibke, not to be used without permission


Well, folks: I've got nothing much to report and other projects beckoning, and I'm pretty pooped from tending to my personal life, so I think I'll let my blog alone for a week or so. Not that much to enthuse about at the moment, anyhow. Filmwise, there's Monte Hellman's Cockfighter on Tuesday, and A Scanner Darkly next weekend, both at the Vancity. I may try to stick up something about the David Rimmer retrospective and booklaunch upcoming at the Cinematheque, which will feature a film portrait of local jazz musician/ memoirist/ collage artist Al Neil. (Thanks to Dan Kibke for that link). Musicwise, while I'll be happy to catch the Subhumans May 15th at the Ukrainian Hall (note venue relocation from the Anza), there's not much I'm plugged into at the moment. It'll be interesting to see Fond of Tigers with Mats Gustafsson at the jazz festival...

...mostly I just crave some downtime. Looks like I'll have something in the next Skinny, tho'...

No comments: