Friday, September 12, 2008

Strange Days Indeed

I barely slept last night - a short nap from 7:30 to 10:30, and then I was awake, hard at work procrastinating on a writing project. I finally got to it at 4:30 AM, finished by 8, and got a couple of hours slight sleep; then I was up for the rest of the day, mostly working on other writing. (I had planned to take a nap and catch Old Time Relijun at the Biltmore, but it just wasn't to be). There's a bizarre burned out feeling that settles in sometimes, when you're so far beyond needing to go to bed that you don't imagine you could sleep if you tried... I'm there now - the land beyond beyond - and have been sitting here puttering at my computer, checking my email every five minutes, for the last hour. I need to just make myself lie down.

The next couple of weeks will be busy as heck getting writing projects done, visiting family, and preparing for the film festival, so don't expect much from me on this blog. Sorry, folks. I'm going to have sufficient eyestrain as it is.

No comments: