Wednesday, June 28, 2017

News re MDC, Flesh Eaters (more to come)

MDC (Millions of Dead Cops, most of the time) plays Seattle in September (the 22nd I think) at a place called the Funhouse. I have a big Dave Dictor piece I'm going to put into the world sometime before then. Dictor tells me he can't easily get into Canada - it requires some very expensive paperwork to get around an old criminal charge, which makes it pointless to cross the border. So MDC fans who want to see the band need to go to Seattle.

Also, the Flesh Eaters have announced some West Coast dates this January. It's the same lineup we saw in Seattle last year, the "Minute to Pray" Flesheaters with members of X, the Blasters, and Los Lobos (and of course Chris D.) Not only will they play Seattle again but it has been announced that they're going to come to Vancouver, for the first time ever, to play the Rickshaw! (There had been a couple of aborted attempts to get the band here in the past, including a gig that was briefly announced and canceled at the Cruel Elephant, around the days of Dragstrip Riot, that I actually showed up at hoping it was still happening, tape recorder in my bag, even though I had only ever seen one brief announcement in the Straight or Discorder some three months prior, and only for one week; and a later gig Chris told me about, which got shut down due to border complications).

Anyhow, two interesting shows for an old punk. I have a lot going on right now so I'm not writing much, but I'll be back here presently (those of you who saw me griping on Facebook about a very uncomfortable MRI should note that this is a routine follow up, not a sign of recurring sickness).

No comments: