Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Books, for a change: Robert Stone, Cormac McCarthy

I don't have much to say about it, since I haven't read it, but Cormac McCarthy's new novel, The Road, is due out in September. There are very few writers whose work I follow devotedly, reading every book that comes out. In fact, there are only two: McCarthy and Robert Stone (tho' the latter's last couple of books have been disappointing to me, he will never lose his place in my heart after A Hall of Mirrors and his masterpiece, Dog Soldiers). Stone also has a new book coming out, though this time, it appears to be a memoir of the '60s.

For those odd fellows who actually know Stone's writing, they might be interested in his book review of John Updike's The Terrorist... Updike I have never spent much time on, tho' this one sounds intriguing.

No comments: