Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bowen Island Vacation



Ah, what a marvelous two and a half days! Neverminding the mild sunburn from ocean kayaking, I feel as healthy and clean and fit as I have in quite awhile. Long walks in the forest, a delightful, largely pine-furnished cottage, a hot tub, several deer, and the company of a wonderful woman -- who could sanely ask for more? (And I haven't even mentioned the sake, or being able to turn over rocks and show my ladyfriend the strange and marvelous creatures under them, to her initial dismay... but she eventually even touched a crab!). Tho' it's a bit pricy, I highly recommend Wildwood Lane Cottages for an easily-accessed getaway -- you have to schedule your hot-tub and sauna visits around when other guests are using it, but otherwise, it's one of the nicest, cleanest, most comfortable resorts I've been to, mostly designed and built by the owner himself, we gather...

No comments: