Thursday, March 29, 2007

Air Guitar Nation



It's not the usual thing I'd recommend to people, but Air Guitar Nation - which follows two American air guitar heroes, the Korean-American East and West coast champion C. Diddy and his dogged (twice defeeated) challenger, Bjorn Turoque, to the International Air Guitar competitions in Finland - is very, very fun. I think if I started thinking about this movie - about the implications of a culture where people compete to best imitate rockstars - my head would get sore quite quickly; and if I actually issued complaints about the film - that it doesn't show us enough of the non-American competitors, say, or that it too seldom allows us to actually hear what song the different performers are actually miming to - I'd seem like a spoilsport. I laughed out loud at times, and I don't do that often in movies. Opens Friday.

No comments: