Saturday, October 22, 2016

Today at the Rio... East Van Opry, Train to Busan, plus Coming Phantasms!


Hm, Train to Busan, the Korean zombie movie that I missed, is playing at 1pm at the Rio today... Trailer looks great. 

Also... The East Van Opry later tonight, among a stellar lineup, has Kitty and the Rooster, who are hilarious and fun (guy - guitar/ girl - drums rockabilly - humour duo). And headliners are Petunia and the Vipers, whose new album I reviewed here. It's great! Though I actually meant "nothing so much as," not "nothing more than," when comparing one of the tracks to (Viper) Stephen Nikleva's Square Moon. Oops.

Also, Phantasm Remastered and Phantasm Ravager on the 24th! Awesome article here, not by me. 

That's a lot of cool stuff at the Rio in a short time period... I think I'm going to GO to some of it! Yaaah!

No comments: