Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What We Do Is Secret: Germs movie

The movie's Myspace is here. Punk has always been material for indy filmmakers (Repo Man, Suburbia, The Decline of Western Civilization - all of which I like); somehow I am very suspicious of movies like this now, though, with punk of yore being glamourized and lied about while current punk bands - real punk bands - continue to be ignored and marginalized. I'll watch What We Do Is Secret when it comes out, of course - but it's going to have to clear a couple of hurdles in my mind before I'll be willin' to let myself enjoy it.

Anyhow, I guess I better get on with marking my student's papers. Sigh.


1 comment:

Joey said...

I saw WWDIS when it was doing the festival circuit. I thought it was well done and very enjoyable. I don't think you'll be disappointed.